Here is a live document to help with common questions regarding CBD hemp oil.
There is a form at the bottom of the page to submit a question that hasn’t been addressed.
Also, please be sure to visit our Blog section to read more in-depth articles about CBD, hemp oil, cannabinoids & more.
There are over 100 cannabinoids in the Cannabis Sativa L. hemp plant, but there are 10 that are the most commonly referred to compounds, each having their own unique properties and healing benefits. Below are the most common hemp cannabinoids.
This is why Zion Medicinals ONLY uses full spectrum whole plan hemp extracts in its oils & salves.
- THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) This is the psychoactive element that most people associate with a ‘high’ feeling, but it has medicinal properties as well.
- THC-A (Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) thc-a converts to thc when the plant is dried, so if you wanted thc-a specific benefits you’d have to juice the plant raw.
- THC-V or THV(Tetrahydrocannabivarin) Only trace amounts found in most hemp strains
- CBN(Cannabinol) Only trace amounts found in most hemp strains
- CBD (Cannabidiol) This compound make up about 40% of the hemp plant’s extract and has a proven impact on anxiety and insomnia as well as helping counteract cognitive impairment associated with cannabis use. This is why most people interchangeably use the terms hemp oil and CBD oil.
- CBD-A (Cannabidiolic Acid) It’s a compound in the trichomes, or resin glands and is a precursor to CBD.
- CBD-V (Cannabidivarin) It’s a homolog of CBD and has been shown to have anti-epileptic and anti-convulsive properties.
- CBG (Cannabigerol) By the time the plant has matured, most of the CBG has been converted to THC & CBD, so there’s usually about 1% left.
- CBG-A (Cannabigerolic Acid) It is known as the the parent molecule or mother cannabinoid as all other cannabinoids are made from it.
- CBC (Cannabichromene) It has antifungal, antiviral & anti-inflammatory properties and to the overall overall analgesic (pain relieving) effects of cannabis.
Now do you see why it’s important to take a full spectrum, whole plant hemp oil as opposed to once made from CBD isolate? I hope this has helped inform you and please feel free to share this information to help others make informed decisions.